VALENTINE’S GIFT GUIDE FOR HER
14th of February, a day marked in the calendar especially to celebrate love and emotion. When people are in love, they make all kinds of small/big gestures on a daily basis to show their love. But,Valentine’s Day is all about going out of the way, to tell your loved one that “The good things in life are better with you!”
As we get closer to the valentine day, the real tension starts to build up which is putting together a perfect gift that’s screams “You’re My Boo!” right? We are here to gear you up for the 14th by putting forward a classic and wistful gift guide.
First up is the most dreamy gift combination.Pair up this super chic Dolce & Gabanna sunglasses with Maeva’s 15 oz. ‘LOVE’ jar scented candle. The misty rose fragrance weaves the sweet and woody notes of the flower to create the dreamiest of floral scents. Delicately hand-poured in an enticing polka dot love jar which burns to create a fanciful ambiance.
15 oz. ‘LOVE’ jar scented candle: Rs. 1,099
Next is a shimmer Coach small pouch (because bling is totally a girl thing) with Maeva’s Pink 15 Oz Jar Scented Candle. This blush-pink candle has an out of the ordinary aroma, bound to bring a flirtatious smile on the face you adore uttermost.
Pink 15 Oz Jar Scented Candle: Rs. 999
Another assorted gift option for all the enthusiastic lovers! The misty rose candle has a rich aroma that smells like love. The fragrance is fresh and crisp. The well-balanced scented candle is perfect for those who love. Curate an ambrosial gift set with Maeva’s 3 Wick Scented Candle and a fruity Salvatore Ferragamo perfume because the fragrance is what they remember.
3 Wick Scented Candle: Rs. 1,099
Don’t hesitate picking out a Valentine’s Day gift this year. A truly thoughtful present is a great way to show your special one just how special they are.
Note: All our candles are hand-crafted and proudly made in India. To view the entire valentine special range,visit https://themaevastore.com/collections/cupid-psyche
Aromatherapy – What you need to know?Aromatherapy essential oils have been used for nearly 6000 years now, with the aim of improving a person’s health or mood when used aromatically. Sometimes the fast pace of life may clog your mental clarity and slow down the process of working towards your goals, and that’s where our Aromatherapy essential oil works its magic. Kick start your day with an extra stroke of energy, with few drops of these magic potions!Top 5 Essential oils that should be in everyone’s possession!
How to use Maeva’s essential oils?Inhale your favourite oil, exhale your inner turmoil!You can instantly change the spirit of the room in just few minutes with few drops of Maeva’s essential oil in one of our candle-powered burners!After a long day of work, you deserve a little ME-Time. All you need is to place a tea-light candle in hollowed part of our ceramic burners allowing the essential oil diluted with water to warm up before it spreads its magic. An effortless way to spread pleasant aroma in your living space.Our ceramic burners are delicately craved and hollowed to allow lights to go through and revitalize your body and mind. Also it is a beautiful addition to any room. Aromatherapy diffusers disperse your favorite essential oil in your surroundings to clear the air around you and promote a relaxed state of body, mind and soul. Standard dosage varies from 5 to 8 drops mixed to water.For example: Our lavender essential oil is bottled with the qualities of calmness, tranquility, stillness and composure. A few drops of lavender oil in our diffusers promote peaceful sleep after a long day of work, making sure you wake up the morning with positivity and better concentration.Note: You should always dilute the essential oils with water before using. Keep Essential oils out of reach of children and pets.
- Let’s begin with the oldest and most useful essential oil, the Frankincense essential oil. The frankincense aroma is earthy, unusually warm, deep, flavor-full and incense-like which helps maintaining spiritual connectedness. Some of the other many uses and benefits of this oil include as a mood enhancer and stress reliever. Perfect opportunities to gather your thoughts in one place, move towards inner consciousness after you have diffused this empowering oil.
- Next up is the Lavender essential oil. Lavender is beautiful blend of fresh, floral and clam whose fragrance will appeal to everyone irrespective of gender or age. Known for its richness and versatility, Lavender essential oil is used for stress relief and helps to promote sleep. The oil can be diffused up to 1 hour, 3 times daily to fight through emotional overload, tension and panic.
- One of ours personal favourite is Eucalyptus essential oil. The overpowering minty, slightly woody and purifying scent of Eucalyptus is sure to enhance your concentration. The cooling characteristic of this essential oil will provide you the mental and emotional clarity you need. An excellent way to disperse sadness and gather positivity.
- Who doesn’t like lemons? Next top pick is the Lemon essential oil. Lemon is well-known for its versatility, thus lemon essential oil is must-have! Lemon oil has a fresh and purifying citrus scent which instantly reinforces positivity. Lemon essential oil can clear and refresh a weary mind promptly when added to the diffuser. Its ability to increase mental clarity makes it useful oil for both at home and work place.
- Last but not the least, Tea tree essential oil. In simple words, Tea Tree oil is AWESOME! An essential oil that should be in everyone’s possession is the tea tree oil. Known for its multi-function anti-bacterial properties, tea tree oil scent is astringent, acrid and medicinal. Looking to boost your immune? Go ahead and diffuse a tea tree essential oil.
The latest addition to The Maeva Store- Citronella candles have raised some eyebrows. It almost sounds gimmicky, candles which can ward off mosquitoes?
The truth is that citronella has a rich historical usage with it being used thousands of years ago in Sri Lanka, Indonesia and China to lower inflammation, fight infection, relieve pain and more. Maeva candles use citronella essential oil, a more potent form than the plant which is extracted by steam distilling the leaves and stems of two varieties of the Asian grass plant citronella, Cymbopogon nardus and Cymbopogon Winterianus. Citronella is also a distant relative of Lemongrass, hence the slight citrusy scent.
Today citronella is used in the form of essential oils for aromatherapy or topical use, in sprays, a component of candles, lotions and even cosmetic products.
Citronella essential oil is one of the most common aromatherapy oils and is part of what gives many household sprays and candles their signature scent. Here are some accepted uses of this miracle plant:
Inhibits Bacterial Growth
Before the advent of modern medicine, the plant was used to curb bacterial growth, treat infectious wounds as it has components of methyl isoeugenol which are responsible for this property.
A common aromatherapy ingredient, the fresh citrusy scent is said to fight depression and help alleviate feelings of anxiety, sadness, and negativity. It is also used in diffusers at night in many countries as it encourages sleep.
Great For The Skin
Because citronella essential oil has antibacterial properties, it is extremely effective against acne-causing bacteria when applied topically. It is very good at reducing sebum buildup and drying down oily skin when used in a combination with witch hazel, tea tree and other oils in small quantities.
Removes Bad Odours
It's not difficult to see why this essential oil is a staple of many deodorants, body sprays and air fresheners! The crisp, rich lemon-like aroma of this oil is universally liked and it's power to replace bad odours makes it a favourite among fragrance lovers everywhere. An added advantage is that citronella is completely natural and free from harmful chemicals found in mainstream deodorants, such as parabens, aluminum, and propylene glycol.
One of the most famed used of the citronella plant is its ability to keep away insects and mosquitoes. They masks scents that mosquitoes are attracted to such as carbon dioxide and lactic acid thus warding off mosquitoes when diffused or lit in citronella-infused candles.
We at Maeva knew we had to incorporate citronella into our collection thus we infused reusable clay pots with potent citronella essential oil plus a quirky dust-cover on top! Our motive was to create something with incredible utility but also an attractive visual appeal, so head over to our collection and do give us feedback on our attempt.
Christmas is a magical for lots of reasons, but the feeling of surprising loved ones with amazing gifts whether Grandma's knitted wool sweater, Mom's ginger biscuits in the oven, dry-fruit rich plum cakes shared by friends spreads a warmth of happiness nothing can beat. Maeva celebrates all occasions and strives to bring you aromas that bring you nostalgia. Take a look at our top gift picks (sorted in ascending order of price) from small to the large and the spicy to the sweet.
1. Symbols of Christmas- Christmas Metallic Taper Rs 199
Our golden and silver set of taper candles are a great choice for someone who loves tradition. Our set is perfect for framing windows, illuminating a centerpiece or highlighting the Christmas feast table.
2. Scents in Your Pocket- Scented Sachets Rs 349
A perfect addition to your Christmas Gift box, our sleek and small sachets (with lots of scents to choose from) can fragrance rooms, closets, office, vehicles, storage, pet areas and more for as long as 3 months!
3. Two Birds In One Stone: 12 Days Of Christmas Shot Glass Candles Rs 499
Our set of 12 shot-glasses are an ode to the merry '12 days of Christmas' carol! Perfect for the utilitarian, once burnt these shot-glasses can be filled with it's namesake 'shots'!
4. Tell It With Trees: Christmas Tree Candles Rs 645
Perfect for the mantle above the stockings, these cheeky candles accented with gold is an instant mood-elevator!
5. Holiday's Best Colours: Christmas Wreath Rs 799
For those who prefer love Christmas colours, this mini festive-edition wreath serves as a pretty decoration to candles or a stunning addition to their table's centerpiece.
6.Say It With Words: 15 oz Jar Rs 1099
Words are capable of positive reinforcement so surround yourself with the happiest and most joyful of them! Printed on our mega 15 oz jars, these candles smell of all things Christmas while lasting for 76 hours.
7. Sugar and Spice: Under The Mistletoe Reed Diffuser Rs 1149
Spices are an essential part of holiday feasting, the smell of which evokes memories. Our classic Christmas diffuser with its spicy blend of ginger, cinnamon and cloves invites yet manages to soothe holiday-frazzled nerves.
8. Circle Of Love: Jumbo Wreath Rs 1799
Symbolizing the unending circle of life yet being simply elegant, our circle of love white wreath is a gift you'd love to gift yourself!
With incredible ease of payment, vast options in multiple fragrances and frazzle-free delivery, Maeva is sure to be you gifting partner this Christmas!
We call it, the decor world's best-kept secret! Some homes just smell perfect all year round, some bags rolling down the baggage remain unaffected with the various smells of the airport, some drawers of the office aren't that dreadful to open; all these have the unassuming scented sachets to credit.
The fragrant sachet is have a colourful origin- in existence since the 15th century, they grew out of necessity as garments made from velvet and silk could not be washed and hence were perfumed. This ideas developed into miniature cloth bags which were filled with charms, rose petals, calamus roots and other herbs to repel insects, evil-eyes and odour. They gained great favour among the Royals and were popular among the ladies of the Tang, Han and Song dynasty.
Sachets are as popular today as they were in the 15th century so if want these fragrance-charged packets for closed spaces, look no further. Maeva has launched a range of 10 sachets with choices of delightful aromas such as juicy apple, vanilla spice, garden blossom,gardenia, spice market and more! ! Formulated and packed with dried natural flowers, our sachets release a strong scent slowly to permeate small spaces.
Sleek and small, our sachets can fragrance rooms, closets, office, vehicles, storage, pet areas and more! Here are 20 fun ways to use our sachets:
1. Keep a sachet in your laundry hamper or basket.
2. Towels smell better with a sachet stored nearby.
3. Slide into shoe racks or even in between real odorous shoes
4. Have sweet dreams when you place a sachet in your bedding storage.
5. Attach a ribbon or hook to your sachet and hang then in the middle of your clothing cupboard.
6. Slip a fresh scented sachet into a drawer or cabinet.
7. Clip a sachet on top of refrigerator.
8. Slide a soothing-scented sachet under your pillow for sweet sleep.
9. Place your sachet behind the toilet.
10. Place your sachet in your gym/sports bag.
11. Place your sachets under car seats and mats.
12. A laptop bag is also a good place to infuse with sachet smells.
13. Use your sachet in gift baskets.
14. Sachets can be a part of your wedding/event favours.
15. Place your sachets in enveloped or invitations.
16. Tuck a sachet in a bookshelf or a magazine rack.
17. Place a sachet in your office or cubicle to freshen up your office space.
18. Hang sachets from wreath, garland or Christmas trees.
19. Store a sachet near pet beds or pet crates.
20. Sachets in your luggage will keep clothes fresh while traveling!
We'd love to hear the unique ways you use Maeva's sachets. Drop us a note on any of our social media to start a conversation!